Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:09:42 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Barrett Lyon <blyon@blyon.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with if_ixgb

On 4/10/07, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> wrote:
> At 08:33 AM 4/10/2007, Barrett Lyon wrote:
>
> >When I loaded the ixgb-6.1.0 driver you provided the link for, I my
> >machine crashed:
>
> Hmmm, Its quite possible the driver really does only work with
> RELENG_6 which is what I used it on a month or so ago.
>
>          ---Mike

Since that driver comes from me I can tell you with absolute
certainty that its never been run or tested on CURRENT :)

The ixgb driver has really been getting minimal attention
because the user base on FreeBSD has been miniscule
from what I can see.

If there's a real customer with a problem then I can justify
spending some time on it.

Jack