Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:36:05 +1030
From:      Phil Kernick <Phil@Kernick.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: backups of SUPERBLOCK

Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> Is there an official way to get list of superblock backups for existing
> filesystem, other than backup/newfs/restore ?

Yes.  Use newfs -N which will print out the superblock locations.  My
experience also tells me to also put exactly the same parameters on the newfs
line that you used when you originally created the volume.

 From the newfs(8) manpage:
      -N      Cause the file system parameters to be printed out without really
              creating the file system.

Phil.

--
    _-_|\   Phil Kernick                      E-Mail: Phil@Kernick.org
   /     \  ROTFL Enterprises                 Mobile:  041 61 ROTFL