Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 15:10:26 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/18357: Xswallow port, final version (promise!)  :-)

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 07:16:05AM -0500, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> :-)  I was hesitant to even mention that, for fear it might be
> misinterpreted.  What I was thinking was that maybe there was another port
> that had already filled the purpose of this one, and so it was considered
> unnecessary or redundant.  Either that, or perhaps, given the occasionally
> flakey e-mail service on @Home, that someone had written me about it and I
> hadn't gotten their message, so it was assumed that I had lost interest or
> wouldn't be a reliable maintainer.

My friend, perhaps you haven't perused the ports collection enough yet.
Redundancy is what it's all about.. <mutter> i'd prefer the adjective
"choices, choices" </mutter>

> I wasn't taking it personally.  :-)

Oh, good.  Many people have the habit of doing that.  ;-)

> Whoa!

Heh, that number will jump (i do mean saliently) in coming weeks...

> > Anyway, I had some interest in your port when you submitted it, but at
> > this time I have a 2.5hr physics senior final to take that starts in
> > about 30 minutes. Other people probably have similar excuses these days.
>
> Fair enough.  I wouldn't have even asked about it this soon, but it looked
> like other port submissions were just zipping through, so I was wondering
> if there was a problem.

Heck, that physics exam was easy; just a bunch of E&M questions relating to
Faraday's law, Gauss's law, Ampere's law, and Ohm's law.

What other port submissions?  As near as I can tell, the new port
submissions have been piling up fast in the last 2-3 weeks.  ;-)

Geez, we'll have 4,000 in no time, maybe even before 4.2-RELEASE.  And to
think there were less than 1,500 when I first started using FreeBSD...
methinks Satoshi needs to regen that "ports collection growth" graph...

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>