Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:46:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      imp@village.org
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2340: gshar+gunshar needs to be updated to 4.2

>Number:         2340
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       gshar+gunshar needs to be updated to 4.2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
sharutils-4.1.4 has disappeared from the site that was listed as the
master site.  ftp.freebsd.org does still have this file, however.  The
latest release is 4.2 and is available from the usual places for gnu
stuff (ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/).  The structure of the program
has changed so that the current set of patches is invalid.
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/archivers/gshar+gunshar
make

>Fix:
The port needs to be updated to 4.2.  However, it is not a dropin from
the 4.1.4 port, so some work needs to be done.  I'm filing this in
the hopes that someone has some spare cycles and can do this.