Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:49:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <sol@squat.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xe: watchdog timeout; restarting card

xe: watchdog timeout; restarting card

 I have an Intel 10/100base TX PCMCIA card. Compaq armada 4130T running
 FreeBSD 4.6.1-RC2. Or rather I'm trying to install that version. during
 install set up card is recognised as ex0 I get enought ping for a DHCP
 request. Then the card resets. commes back up I'm trying to install over
 FTP and every 2 or three seconds it again resets. It is on a free IRQ.
 I've tried several. now it's on IRQ 10.

 card works with the win 9x that came on the lapdog, and debian that i just
 erased.  all on this laptop before.

  /etc/pccard.conf:
      io 0x240-0x360
      irq 3 9 10 11 13 15
      memory 0xd4000 96k

 I've seen some other threads from 1999 that recommend editing my card
 entry but as im installing over the network i can only take my mfsroot
 floppy over to another machine and mount and edit it there,

 I did edit the memory space to 0xd0000 which i found as a possible
 reccommended fix. this didnt work and the card was then not recognised at
 all.

I've seen alot in the archives on the error but no coherent fixes.

--
sol's gpg key: lynx -dump http://squat.net/ps49/info/sol.gpg |gpg --import