Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:59:48 +0200
From:      "Oskar Parmhed" <oskarparmhed@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KDE with no icons or images -- Solved it!

Well,

it's taken a month or so but it gave in. X starts with god knows what colour
depth but if I remove all alternatives but that of 32 from XF86Config it
works and I get my icons. Apparently X defaults to a lower colour depth. It
didn't have anything to do with KDE. I don't know why this happends but if
someone does I'd be really, really, happy to now. In Slackware Linux I
haven't got this problem.

cheers,
Oskar