Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:38:53 +0000
From:      Christophe <christophe@kezako.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I2C & SMBUS - Can't build a kernel that recognize that

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a new FreeBSD 4.4 kernel (I have the official release)
with I2C and SMBUX support.
I didn't manage to get it working....the kernel seams fine, but no I2C....
(My PC has a ITE8705 and a SMBUS, motherboard ASUS CUSI-FX)

Without the patches on the "I2C and SMBus framework" page, it compiles, but then

nothing happend. detect.c detects nothing.
The patch "stable" applies finelly, but at compilation, I get some errors
(simple syntaxe errors and after that, bigger errors on pcf and lpbb).

With the following, the kernel compiles (via is not accepted at all for
compiling)....
I'm a bit lost now I have tried many thing downloaded on your FreeBSD page,
your web pages, and marc Bouget's web pages....

May you give my some advices to solve that problem ?

Many thanks,
Chris

# PC Monitoring
device          pps     # Pulse per second Timing Interface

device          smbus   # System Management bus device

device          intpm   # Intel PIIX4 interface

device          smb     # System Management bus standard io through /dev/smb*

# tried with and without, same result....
device          iicbus  # Bus support, required for ic/iic/iicsmb below.
device          iicbb   # Generic bit-banging master-only driver
device          ic      # i2c network interface
device          iic     # i2c standard io
device          iicsmb  # i2c to smb bridge. Allow i2c i/o with smb commands.

# removed because of errors  at compilation :
#device         pcf     # Philips PCF8584 master/slave interface
#device         lpbb    # Parallel port specific bit-banging interface