Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Aernoudt Bottemanne <bottemanne@capitolonline.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: netscape on Alpha ?

Aernoudt Bottemanne writes:
 > Probably a stupid question, but why isn't there a netscape in the
 > packages ?
 > In linux (on alpha) there is Netscape 4.7....

Where does one get a native Netscape 4.7 for linux?   If there
actually is one, it would be very exciting.

If you're talking about the OSF (aka Digital UNIX, aka Tru64 UNIX)
version of Netscape we can also run that in compat mode using
http://www.freebsd.org/~gallatin/osf1.tar.gz on -current (warning --
this still needs to be updated past the signal changes, I've done this
in my local tree but haven't tested it very much).  In both systems
(BSD & Linux) you need to have Digital shared libs.  Unless your
system is licensed for OSF1, it is illegal to use these libs.