Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 2002 22:22:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia Drivers Released !

I've built XFree86-4-Server (and libraries) out of ports as you suggested
and everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks for your help :)

... I still do find it a bit worrying that XFree86-cvs doesn't work - it's
not as though CVS is that unstable - I've been using the DRI tree for my
Radeon 8500 for months and it's been rock solid ... I tried applying a
subset of the ports' -libraries patches (specifically the ones related to
IPC) to the latest code in CVS without effect ...

Thanks also for all your efforts to make this happen ... from the outside
looking in, it seems like you've gone down a long road to get here :) :)
:)

Andrew