Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:09:26 +0000
From:      Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   [fracture@allusion.net: Re: ftp access]

dangit.  my muttrc is broke, heheh.  I meant to reply this to the list.

----- Forwarded message from Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net> -----

From: Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To: Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
Subject: Re: ftp access

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 05:38:58PM -0500, Rob Simmons wrote:
> /sbin/nologin as the user's shell.  You also have to add this shell to
> /etc/shells
>
> Robert Simmons
> Systems Administrator
> http://www.wlcg.com/

maybe I did this one wrong, but I had to set this up way back when:  I made a
/usr/local/sbin/ftponlylogin that's exactly like /sbin/nologin.  that way
I could add the ftponlylogin to /etc/shells (so ftp'll allow logins) and
still have /sbin/nologin on my other accounts not allow logins at all.

-Jordan

----- End forwarded message -----