Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:51:25 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
Cc:        nwestfal@directvinternet.com, dave@jetcafe.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Joshua Lee wrote:
> > > Really?  What *is* one divided by infinity?
> >
> > Zero.
>
> And the converse, infinity divided by zero? ;-)

NaN.  8-) 8-).

Actually, depending on who you ask, an undefined order of infinity;
the actual order depends on the inifinty you started with, and the
zero.  ;^).

> > No, I've demostrated that a 4th century B.C. knowledge of
> > mathematics is not sufficient, nor is it "the state of the art",
> > and anyone who relies on such a poor understanding of mathematics
> > for their arguments is likely to be wrong in ways that they are
> > incapable of understanding, until they learn more mathematics.
>
> And you say you're not a mathematician.... :-)

I'm not.  A real mathematician can easily smoke me on theory.
I merely know enough not to make stupid mistakes.  I make smart
mistakes, instead.  8-) 8-).

> > > Yeah, and the concept of one hand clapping is perfectly rational
> > > to an irrationalist.  So what?
> >
> > It's perfectly rational to the rationalist, as well.  It is a
> > proof of the incompleteness theorem.
>
> Interesting... could you elaborate?

Not without starting another thread... 8=O.

"Chocolate is the best flavor of ice cream.  So is vanilla"
				-- An ice cream koan

-- Terry