Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:09:38 -0600
From:      "Burke Gallagher" <burke@gallagher.chicago.il.us>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <slicetech@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Re: internet gateway setup using NATD

Jeremy,

there really isn't a default or generic configuration as each system is
different at the very least you would have to edit most files and change the
interface (ed1 or ep0) names.  The best (and one of the simplest) set of
directions on setting up ipfw/natd (yes you must use ipfw in order to use
natd) is on the FreeBSD Diary http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/ipfw.htm

this is page describes exactly what you are looking for.

burke