Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 00:00:01 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk, nate@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help with a PC CARD NE2000 clone...

Well, the good news is that fixing the logic to round up did fix my
allocation problems.  Now pccardd sets up the card and calls the ed
driver to initialize.

Unfortunately, at this point, the system hangs (seting a breakpoint
at edinit shows the call occuring).  My next step will be to
remote-gdb the kernel... or I could just get a big hammer and
smash this cruddy ethernet card into pieces.  I should have known
$100 for a PCMCIA ethernet card last xmas was too good to be true. :-)

I'm thinking of going out and getting one of the 3COM 3c589 cards
and a Megahertz 3811 cellular modem,  but the combo is /not/ cheap.

I noticed that Fry's is selling IBM's old 14.4k modem+Ethernet cards for $69.

I'm going to yell at the manufacturer of my ethernet card, as I noticed
even they needed a special driver under w95 for this card.  Maybe they'll
cough up some dirt on how it differs.

Paul