Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:09:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I am attempting to set up a firewall, and I am curious as to how I can
configure it so that when someone from the outside attempts to connect
on some port (80, for example), this request will be forwarded to a
machine on the internal network.

                           ,--------,
                           | Client |
                           '--------'
                               /
                              /
                          Internet
                            /
                           /
                     ,----------,

                    | Web server | (internal ip, e.g., 192.168.0.4)

For example, if the client requests a page from my public IP address
(a.b.c.d), I would like this request to be handled transparently by my
internal web server.

If you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
--
Christopher Rued