Date:      29 Oct 2002 12:12:17 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla port doesn't compile on FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 04:47, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 4.7-RELEASE, and can't get the www/mozilla or www/mozilla-devel
> ports compiled. It always gives me a segmentation fault or a bus error (using
> system gcc or gcc31 from ports, respectively) when running some programs at
> the end.
>
> This is the result of running 'make CC=gcc31 CXX=g++31' from
> www/mozilla-devel:

This won't work.  You _must_ use the system default compiler with
Mozilla.  Not doing so will produce the error you're seeing.

> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla'
> /usr/bin/sed -e "s;@PREFIX@;/usr/X11R6;g"
> /shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/files/mozilla.sh
> >/shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla/mozilla-devel
> (cd /shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla/dist/bin;  /usr/bin/env
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regxpcom;  /usr/bin/env
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regchrome;  /usr/bin/touch
> ./chrome/user-skins.rdf ./chrome/user-locales.rdf)
> Bus error (core dumped)
> *** Error code 138
>
> Stop in /shared/ports/www/mozilla-devel.
>
> As said, I have the same problem with the system GCC. I remember seeing this
> problem before on -CURRENT. Is there an easy solution for this problem?
>
> Please note that as I'm not subscribed to the list, a CC to my address would
> be very helpful.

I don't see this problem anymore on -CURRENT or -stable.  Of course, I
do see this on Alpha, but the port shouldn't even try to build in that
case.  Have you tried building mozilla-devel with the 2.95.4 compiler on
-stable recently?

Joe