Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:05:15 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        cyrusme@pacbell.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 32 bit questions

* cyrusme@pacbell.net <cyrusme@pacbell.net> [000328 09:47] wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I run a heavy trafficed internet host server on WINDOWS which crashes
> daily. My problem is my internet business is built solidly around a
> WINDOWS 32 bit .exe script. Can FREEBSD run this script? And can it
> handle heavy internet traffic and cgi processing (ie. more than 5000 cgi
> hits an hour on a top of the line computer with mega ram)
> thanks.
> any reply welcome

No, you'll need the .exe file compiled for FreeBSD, FreeBSD can
handle over 5000 cgi requests an hour, the only consideration is
how demanding each of those hits are, Unix handles individual
program execution a _lot_ better than windows, however you'd be
better off using some sort of FastCgi or web server module.