Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 20:55:51 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        "'noackjr@alumni.rice.edu'" <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>, Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/asr asr.c

From: Jon Noack [mailto:noackjr@alumni.rice.edu]
> Scott Long wrote:
> >
> >> scottl      2004/05/04 22:29:19 PDT
> >>
> >>   FreeBSD src repository
> >>
> >>   Modified files:
> >>     sys/dev/asr          asr.c   Log:
> >>   Roto-till the ioctl code.  Remove all the groping around
> in the x86
> >> BIOS
> >>   segment, remove the groping around in the Option ROM segments,
> >> remove the
> >>   bogus tests for bcopy vs. copyout.  There really is no
> reason for a
> >>   management app to know these things other than to create
> l33t info
> >> tables
> >>   for the user.
> >>     Revision  Changes    Path
> >>   1.60      +10 -109   src/sys/dev/asr/asr.c
> >

> > If this causes the raidctl management app to stop working,
> please let me
> > know and I'll bump it up in my priority list.
> >
> > Scott
>
> Before this commit I could 'ln -s /dev/asr0 /dev/rdpti0' and
> 'raidutil
> -L all' would work.  Now, it fails:
> Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number
> osdIOrequest : File /dev/rdptr17 Could Not Be Opened
>
> Also, the soft link disappears after the above command.  This did not
> happen before.  I put 'link asr0 rdpti0' in /etc/devfs.conf before
> trying raidutil at all, but that doesn't appear to do anything (most
> likely it is me not grokking devfs though).

I was able to ln -s asr0 rdpti0 and then raidutil worked.

# ls -al /dev/rdpti0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  4 May  5 09:51 /dev/rdpti0 -> asr0
# raidutil -L all
RAIDUTIL  Version: 3.04  Date: 9/27/2000  FreeBSD CLI Configuration Utility
Adaptec ENGINE  Version: 3.04  Date: 9/27/2000  Adaptec FreeBSD SCSI Engine

#  b0 b1 b2  Controller     Cache  FW    NVRAM     Serial     Status
d0 -- --     ADAP2010S      32MB   3B05  CHNL 1.1  BD0E40303FAOptimal

--don