Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:10:09 +0000
From:      Jamie Heckford <heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS Sound Driver

Hi,

Could anyone offer any guidance on getting the following sound card to work?

It is in a Samsung GT8700 laptop - and I am using FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.

Windows identifies the card as an ESS Maestro PCI Audio (WDM) - IRQ 5

I have tried the sbc and pcm sound drivers - but with no joy.

Here is some info at boot if it is of any help:

pci0:  <unknown card> (vendor=0x125d, dev=0x199a) at 12.0
pci0:  <unknown card> (vendor=0x11c1, dev=0x0444) at 13.1

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Jamie Heckford
Chief Network Engineer