Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:39:28 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        Tony Cooper <gurubonz@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fork

there's file called /etc/login.conf
which describes login classes (you can change your login class with vipw
or with 'passwd anyuser' from root). If login class field is empty it
means "default".

in "default" we have :maxproc=unlimited:

but, make sure you "login" way uses login_cap (which means it read
/etc/login.conf), for example xdm simply ignores it at all :-(

if you need more processes than "unlimited" recompile your
kernel, have a look at LINT.

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)