Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:26:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, jamie@inna.net, toneil@visigenic.com, jfieber@indiana.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows95: what you don't know, you must reinvent

[ .. WIN32 API support ... ]

> Easier Said Than Done.

Most of the barriers are political, not technical:

o	Switch to ELF

o	Support segment coloring

o	Set VM hueristics for kernel memory based on segment coloring,
	including but not limited to handling kernel page faults for
	some types of code.

I'm willing to write the COM model support code for FreeBSD.  I might
even be willing to write a Registry (or LDAP directory) for class
identification, agregation, and configuration.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---