Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:48:30 -0700
From:      "DOROVSKOY,IGOR (A-Portsmouth,ex1)" <igor_dorovskoy@agilent.com>
To:        'Giorgos Keramidas' <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Storms of Perfection <gary@outloud.org>
Cc:        replicator@ngs.ru, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Clock Granularity (kernel option HZ)

I've made HZ=100000 and ran few very simple tests (icmp, udp)
thrue gbe interface (3C985B-SX and GA620) against same system
with HZ=100. To transmit - no big difference. For recieve side
"overclocked" system bet regular in times. In my case wasn't big
difference to bing localhost and overclocked system thrue bge nic!
Systat shows empty mbufs all the time. I want to run some better
perfomance tests for tcp tomorrow.

Igor.
p.s. guys, x-windows moves so smoothly on overclocked box ... :-)