Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 00:23:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lists dead?

> > Does the "test" address have an autoresponder?  Is it backed by the
> > Majordomo code that backs the lists?  If so, I guess it's as good as
> > any a method of doing the half-pipe test that I used to accidently
> > send that message.
>
> 	the very same software.  its just another majordomo list.
> 	thats why its so useful for testing.....the configuration
> 	is soooooo similar. ;)

8-).

> > What was the problem, BTW?  8-(.
>
> 	dont know you are the only one to have mentioned a problem.

Julian and I both noticed a 6 hour or so famine of traffic.  Julian
logged into hub, and there were sendmails running, but nothing was
coming out.

Alternet was losing about 30% of all packets sent through it that
day as well, but neither of our mailboxes are that poorly connected
that we didn't see packets going through in both directions.

Anyway, it's cleared up now.  Just in time_t.  8-) 8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.