Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:42:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Martin Moeller <martian@t-online.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail sorting

The procmail program will do this. I am using fetchmail to retrieve my
email. The ".forward" file directs the email to be processed by procmail.

My ".forward" file in "/home/janko":

janko@parmenides
"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail"

My ".procmailrc" in "/home/janko":

PATH=/bin/:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
VERBOSE=off
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/z_all
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail_log

:0:isdn
* ^Sender: owner-freebsd-isdn
freebsd-isdn

:0:questions
* ^Sender: owner-freebsd-questions
freebsd-questions

Under my home/janko/mail directory I have the subdirectories
"freebsd-isdn", freebsd-questions" and "z_all".

Janko van Roosmalen - Vught - Netherlands