Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:28:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Joao Paulo Campello <john@netpe.com.br>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: linux_base6.1

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Joao Paulo Campello wrote:

>     I've a box with FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE installed and working pretty
> fine. But I really need to use JDK 1.2.2 from Sun. I've seen that the
> newest FreeBSD port for the Java Project is to the JDK 1.1.8 version.

There is a FreeBSD "port" for the blackdown linux JDK 1.2.2RC4 available
from the following URL:

    http://www.jmcm.org/tech/ports/linux_jdk.html

This file patches the java wrapper script to avoid the problems you mention
later in your message.

>     I've found the JDK 1.2.2 BLACKDOWN port for FreeBSD, but I got in
> trouble installing TOMCAT (servlet). After reading, I noticed that
> Blackdown port is still beta and has many bugs.

The port hasn't been submitted to the official collection because people
have reported that it doesn't run Apache-Jserv or other java server
applications.  Patches to linux emulation to fix these have been posted to
the FreeBSD-java mailing list but I don't know if they've made it into the
official source.

--
Jose Marques