Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:54:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SENDMAIL behavior

After a ballistic incident with SENDMAIL the other night, I'm keeping my eyes
on things with a paranoid attitude. I've noticed that when I do a
'ps -ax|grep sendmail' I can always count on about 6 or seven processes running
at many of the processes seem to stick around for well over 10 minutes at the
'client DATA 250' stage.

With a T1link to the net, I would think an average mail run would take
a tad less time than that...

Ideas ?

On a side note, my mqueue directory has grown about 2.5megs in 5 hours, but
one of the msgs is 2megs in size. In sendmail I have the sendmail flag set
to the default (FreeBSD 2.1.5) of 30mins to flush queue yet I wait 30mins and
never see any noticeable drop in the size of the queue directory.

I'm really starting to get bummed out about 2.1.5-RELEASE

-Kurt