Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:32:14 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.3-RC2: Boot manager always installed

I've just done an install of 4.3-RC2 on a clean disk. I asked for a
"Standard" MBR (which, I expected, would just boot from the first active
partition on the first drive), but after an install and a reboot I was
prompted to press "F1" to boot from the first drive or "F5" to boot from
the second. Why?

Have also encountered occasional hangs in /stand/sysinstall during
post-install configuration. This occurred once while I was setting the
root password and once when I asked to look at the HTML docs to check
some settings.

Machine is a 200 MHz P5 with MMX and an fxp Ethernet adapter; very generic.

--Brett Glass