Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2014 21:29:17 +0000
From:      David Joyce <davidj@softcom.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Spam to list participants (from openhosting.com & softcom.com)

Hello,

I am a representative from the myhosting.com (SoftCom) abuse department, wh=
ich is responsible for the IP ranges mentioned:

168.144.0.0/16
192.30.160.0/20
216.224.169.0/24

Please understand that we in no way condone this type of activity on our se=
rvers. However also be aware that we do not actively police or monitor the =
content/activity that users of our virtual private servers are doing. Doing=
 so is an invasion of privacy and also not practical.

Since we did not receive any notifications about this spam since roughly a =
day ago, we were not made aware of the activity. I think that Ronald F. Gui=
lmette is being a bit premature in asking to have our entire network blackl=
isted without any prior notification of the activity.

In any case, if you do notice spam activity from our network do send us a n=
otification including a copy of the message & offending IP address to abuse=
@myhosting.com<mailto:abuse@myhosting.com> and the issue will be promptly d=
ealt with.

Regards,
David J.