Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:01:43 -0500
From:      Peter Schultz <peter@jocose.org>
To:        Sandro Tolaini <sandro@focuseek.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libtool broken

Sandro Tolaini wrote:
> I found that a lot of libraries (cURL, boehm) that use libtool in their
> build process have an explict dependency on libc, making the unusable on
> multithread programs (because of having libc and libc_r linked togheter
> in a single executable).
>
> I already submitted a bug report and a patch to the libtool people, but
> I was wondering if the -CURRENT way of libc/libc_r (libc_r having only
> the pthread functions) could be MFC and if this would kill the problem
> definitely.

You'll probably want to move this to the -CURRENT list.  I started a
small thread there yesterday because I found that php4 requires libtool
1.4.  If you have the skills to make a proper port, please do.  It was
suggested to me that I contact <dirk@FreeBSD.org> who maintains the php4
port.  Maybe between you two the problem can be solved?  The maintainer
for the libtool port is <portmgr@FreeBSD.org>, if you "can supply a
working patch then it will be upgraded."

> Cheers,
>   Sandro Tolaini.

Pete...