Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:53:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good keyboards

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, jonathan michaels wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 03:44:09PM -0600, Mike Nguyen wrote:

> > > I really like very nice tactile reponse of Powerbook keyboards as well as
> > > the low profile of the keys. Looking for keyboards on the net yileds me
> > > nothing but cheapo crap. I also tried converting to dvorak but the few
> > > keyboards I tried had a curve profile so the keys could not be moved.
> > >
> > > Who makes good keyboards? Where can I get them?
> >

> > My favorite keyboard of all time are the IBM 101-key keyboards (the heavy ones
> > with the click, not the cheap stuff they give you now). They are made by
> > Lexmark, I think. Still available on RS/6000s, at least. I collect them
> > whenever I can find a source, I have four, two I use at work, two I use at
> > home. They're not cheap, though -- they seem to go for around $50 used,
> > although I managed to snag a couple for free. They also last forever.
>
> and i thought i was the only one left .. well well. just goes to show what a
> good keyboard can do .. grin.

Nope, I'm typing this on an IBM PS/2 keyboard.  I love these things.  IBM
still sells them under the 'IBM Options' product line.  Nice steep curve.
Wonderfully heavy, clicky keys...mmmmm.

Jamie Bowden

--
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)