Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:02:04 +0200
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre-lists@9online.fr>
To:        <rcraig@fsegura.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SETIATHOME PORT

unsent message !

"Rob Craig" <rcraig@fsegura.com> wrote:
> As you might already know there a some annoying problems with the SETI@home

no, I don't.

> port for FreeBSD. Loads of time it just freezes and does not continue to
> download the next data unit and other times "top" reports the CPU at 96% but
> seti@home is not doing anything. Not crunching data? Very strange. I have it
> installed on 9 machines.

the FreeBSD port of seti@home is packaged using pre-build binaries. we don't
have
access to the source code, so, it would be difficult to track down such
problems.

which version of setiathome are you running (pkg_info setiathome\* | head -1) ?
what is the version of your FreeBSD boxes (uname -a) ?

> It would be great if you had time to revise these errors as I have to revert
> back to the Windows versions for stability.

are you behind a firewall ? do you use a proxy server ?
do you have any trace of what's happen (or don't) ?
do you read the FAQ (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/faq.html) ?
do you search the BB (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/bb/bb.cgi) ?
does your problem seems to this one ?
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/bb/bb2/bboard.cgi?action=display&num=7889