Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:53:56 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvs symlink bug

Hi there,

I'm getting bitten by a bug in cvs which I wouldn't describe better than
it was done in this email, so I'll just paste:

    cvs gets confused with symlinks and cvs root directories that
    are accessed via symlinks, when we specify a cvs lock directory.

    (see http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-cvs@gnu.org/msg02916.html)

If you e. g. attempt

    cvs -d :pserver:user@host:/home/cvs co -r TAG module

where /home is a symlink to /usr/home, cvs will die with "assertion
failed".

Since the cvs maintainers squashed this bug their favorite way ("don't do
that"), and to my knowledge haven't expressed intent to really fix it,
I'd like to ask if there's any interest in having this fixed in the
BSD-specific patches to cvs which AFAIK contain useful stuff refused by
the cvs people?

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
8:43AM up 5:42, 4 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00