Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:55:41 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GDM shows blank screen

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 11:41:57AM -0400, Joe Clarke wrote:
> The pkg-descr says it requires a recent 4.4-STABLE and XFree86 3.3.6.
> Since I run 4.1.0, I'm out.  Others recommend updating all the libraires
> gdm depends on to their latest versions to solve this problem (assuming
> you're running 3.3.6 with 4.4-STABLE).

The pkg-descr says so because I was told that XFree86 3.3.6 + gdm actually
worked. It'd be interesting to know that gdm absolutely doesn't work
on any XFree86 version. Can anyone verify that it also doesn't work
with 3.3.x (with latest other ports installed)?

--Stijn

--
Fictitious Country Song Title of the Week:
	"How Can I Miss You if You Won't Go Away?"