Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:45:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Andrew P. Lentvorski" <bsder@mail.allcaps.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating a bootable FreeBSD kernel image?

How do I create a bootable FreeBSD image?  For example, if I wanted to
boot the kernel off of a floopy (yes, I know that the FreeBSD kernel is
larger than 1.44MB) but mount root, swap, etc. off of hard drives?

In Linux, the magic command is something like "make bzdisk" which will
create a bootable floopy with the kernel on it.  I don't know the
corresponding magic from "make buildkernel" in FreeBSD, however.

Thanks,
-a