Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 00:01:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, pechter@shell.monmouth.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, kpneal@pobox.com
Subject:   Re: Token Ring

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Daniel Ortmann wrote:
> I'll scrounge all the token documentation possible from inside IBM
> for anyone volunteering to build a driver.

CC anything you find to me please.  I'm just going to buy the relevant
ISO/IEC specs (8802-2 & 8802-5) and work from there.  If anyone has any
ISA TokenElites they'd not mind parting with I could use 'em.

SMC should be sending me the SDKs any day now.

A bit of the 802.2 code appears to be present in sys/netccitt (which
appears to have been removed :/)  I suspect some of it will be useful.

There appears to be sufficient interest in Token Ring support.  Would a
FreeBSD-tokenring list be appropriate at this point?  If nothing else it
will move all the dicksizing there (and maybe help maintain some intertia
for the coding efforts).

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/