Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:53:59 -0400
From:      Gwendolyn <gwen@nvnsvch.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: w3m ... ok, and lynx (was Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!)

* parv (parv_@yahoo.com) [010716 17:50]:

> just wondering ... why would you prefer lynx over w3m, for remote
> usage, given both were available?

I'm generally using screen when connected remotely, and for some reason I
(and a friend of mine) have formatting problems when using w3m in screen
windows. I'm not sure if that's a result of the version of w3m or screen
that I'm using on my home system, but right now it's just not working.

It doesn't phase me too much, since I ssh -X anyway...

> i must admit i haven't used lynx in about 1-2 year(s) since switching to
> w3m.

I stopped using lynx until they started patching up their security holes
again... now I'll use it when on remote systems or work systems (which
don't often have w3m installed... yet).

--
gwen.
 Systems Adminstrator, pair Networks, Inc.

same bloody difference though; one long, slightly-varying season & millions
of morons who think life revolves around juice bars & jogging on fault lines
				-- Hyper Jeff, on Seattle and San Francisco