Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2001 00:00:42 -0400
From:      "Jeremy R. Hilts" <staycool@ntr.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Kernel configurations/hardware

I've installed FreeBSD 4.4 many times in the past few days, trying to
get my NIC to work.  I'm not really sure how to set up hardware/drivers
of any sort in FreeBSD (I switched from RedHat).  When I first install,
it has an option to use "Kernel Device Configuration in full-visual
mode", and the only way I can think of to get my card to work (a
jumpered ISA Kingston KNE2100TX set to 0x300 IRQ 5 -- it worked great in
RedHat) is trial and error on drivers.  Unfortunately, this will take
DAYS since that option is only available at the beginning of the
install.  I know there HAS to be an easier way...I'm open to any
suggestions.

Thanks
Jeremy R. Hilts