Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 20:55:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, ports@freebsd.org, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NO_PACKAGE and NO_CDROM

 * I don't have a problem with wcarchive using whatever collection it
 * wants to, but I think the other collections should stay.

Hey, I don't have a problem with other collections staying, as long as
it hasn't proven to be such a pain in the backside to maintain and
synchronize correctly.

Let's face it, in the long history of FreeBSD ports, there never has
been a time when a new directory was added to the ports tree and
everything, even within freebsd.org, was updated correctly (sample
supfiles, wcarchive, etc.).

Especially now, since we've got dozens of mirror sites all around the
world, not to mention the people's own supfiles.  I propose we
reorganize them to exactly two collections:

  ports-all with release=cvs,current
  ports-distfiles with release=current

and get it over with. :)

Satoshi