Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 13:06:59 +0100
From:      thoffman@informix.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install via parallel port dev

Hi,
I would like to install FreeBSD (3.1) from a cdrom onto my notebook,
which has no built in cdrom-drive --
but I have an external one for the parallel port. When I booted first I
could configure some hardware,
but I did not find anything about parallel-port devices. Also I did not
find any reference from the PIO-page
(pc-card for FreeBSD, you know...) towards parallel-port devs. Is it
possible at all to use the parport-devs from within FreeBSD ??
Thanks for any help,
    Thomas