Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 23:27:11 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
Cc:        greg@greg.rim.or.jp, sumikawa@FreeBSD.org, hetzels@westbend.net, rse@engelschall.com, dirk@FreeBSD.org, adam@algroup.co.uk, ache@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding IPv6 to all apache ports

>Sorry for sending this to the whole ports list, but I can't seem to find
>the address of the person working on the all-in-one apache port.  The
>apache 1.3.12 patch from kame.net applies cleanly to apache-1.3.12.  I
>have tested it on 4-STABLE with apache13+ipv6 (that needed some patches
>removed that were duplicates) and apache13-php3.
>The additions seem to be simple, the attached are from apache13-php3.
>But should be able to added to all the ports.  This section can go
>anywhere near the to, but hast to before pre-fetch:, and if the OS
>support IPv6 will add a second patchfile and set the configure script

	as one of KAME guy: I'm not sure if it is safe thing to do.
	unfortunately we needed to change some of apache internal structures
	and API functions to support IPv6.  For example, ap_bind_address
	variable is changed from in_addr to sockaddr_storage, to support
	non-IPv4 addresses.  structures like server_addr_rec (see
	include/httpd.h) have experienced changes in member variable types.
	I think there can be apache modules that are not compatible with
	IPv6 patch.

itojun