Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:47:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject:   Re: What happened to xmcd-2.2 in the 2.2.6 packages...

Hi,

(added Satoshi to CC)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> Well - I'm just now getting around to listening to a CD after
> upgrading to 2.2.6; and discover that xmcd went missing from
> the 2.2.6 packages...

You do know that 2.2.7 just came out don't you?  :-)

> I'm wondering if there was some license issue or something like that,
> or was it simply an oversight?

I'm not sure why.  Is this on the CD?  I also noticed that the latest
greatest version of xmcd (2.3) is also not in packages-2.2.7 either.  I
know it requires Motif but I thought we built static packages for that.
Anyway...., it will compile w/ Lesstif if you want to use the port, but it
doesn't enter track titles right for some reason then.

Satoshi, any reason there are NO ports of xmcd anywhwere?  I checked all
of the package directories on ftp.freebsd.org.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of
transport grow daily more nightmarish.  Only the bicycle remains pure in
heart."  - Iris Murdoch, "The Red and the Green"