Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:15:10 -0500
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd4.9, IBM i1400 TP, Suggestions for wireless pcmcia

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:56:00PM -0500, winfield wrote:
: Hello,
: I have recently discovered that 4.9 doesn't support 32bit pcmcia cards.
: Linksys WPC11 is listed in the compatible hardware but the pcmcia cards
: are 32bit and pccard knows it.
:
: Anyway, I'm back to square one and would like a suggestion for a
: wireless pcmcia card that will work with FB4.9. The wireless router is a
: Linksys WRT54G.

Microsoft MN-520.  Only one I could find on the store shelves that was
16-bit and thus would work with 4-stable.  Of course, that means you
only get 802.11b.

You'll need to create your own /etc/pccard.conf w/the following entry:

# Microsoft MN-520
card "Microsoft" "Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520"
    config auto "wi" ?
    insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
    remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

Works like a champ...

        --Jerry

--
Yo momma's so crazy, she makes pi look rational!