Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:04:59 -0400
From:      David Kopp <dkopp@tiac.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing Freebsd

Hi,

I am reviewing FreeBsd for potential use in an embedded application.  I
purchased 2.2.6 from Walnut creek, and am in need of more specific
information about the installation.

1. In the kernel configuration, what do I do if the drivers in the list do
not match my hardware configuration?

2. Does the installation process modify the information in the
configuration NVRAM?

3. If I just want to view the source code, do I have to go through the
installation process?  What is the process for decompressing the source code?

4. Will the installation process effect my Win95 configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Kopp