Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:30:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   restore?

i'm about to do something i'm really nervous about.

I have a tar/gzip'd file of a whole freebsd drive i made that i would like
to restore OVER a freshly installed system.  everything is backed up,
password file, configuration files, user home directories, X server...
etc. etc. etc...

what would be the best way for me to do this without fubarring my system?

i'm temped to reboot the freshly installed system, become root, and just
untar the file to /
then reboot again...

good idea? dumb idea? help? :)

thank you,