Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:08:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        smpatel@wam.umd.edu (Sujal Patel)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PnP problem...

> The major point of this is to allow standard ISA motherboards (like
> mine and Amanico's) to use PnP peripherals.
>
> All of the grunt work of handling PnP devices at the hardware level is
> done--  Amancio and I have been testing the isolation, detecting, and
> resource information parts of the code for a week now..  The
> configuration code is written, but waiting to be slowly integrated into
> my source tree.  The problem now is to not worry about the PnP
> specification and all of it's horror (PnP must be Intel's little mutant
> cousin[tm] which they locked in the basement)--  The problem is to neatly
> fold all of this into FreeBSD.

OK, fine, *be* practical, then.  8-) 8-).

I don't think the problems of automatic relocation on non-PnP
motherboards are insoluable, but anything that works is better
than anything that doesn't.

Watch for me to get noisy when you contemplate rev 2.x of the code.

8-)

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---