Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:12:50 -0700
From:      "Foster, Jim" <JFOSTER@CSKAUTO.COM>
To:        "'Alfred Perlstein'" <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Getting to Stable and boot floppies

Alfred,

I am looking just for a boot floppy, not an install floppy.  And, if it
makes a difference, I am just using it to boot-strap to my disk
installation.

Since you mentioned the PicoBSD boot disk, does this mean that my existing
FreeBSD Release floppy would work too?  Do I need to keep my boot floppy in
sync with my installation?

With kzip, I did not see on the man page on how to specify what kernel file
to use.  This seems to imply to me that it zips the "current" kernel, not
necessarily one that is yet to be installed.  If this is the case it appears
that I have a catch-22.  I can't make the boot floppy until I reboot, I
can't reboot until I make the floppy.

Thanks for the info so far.

Jim