Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 02:11:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intellimouse not functioning

Sorry if this is a dup.

I built -current kernel and moused (as well as a few other things),
but when I rebooted, my mouse doesn't work.  I switched the mouse type
to 'intellimouse', since I have a MouseMan+.  I did not alter the
port.  My mouse shows no signs of activity under the vtys (using sc0)
or under X (although X is, of course, going through sysmouse).

Manually specifying `-t mouseman' on the command line gives the
message (from memory) "mouseman != intellimouse, using intellimouse".
(I suppose I missed the message when it went through rc.i386.)

Other issues:
 - Anybody know how to get Emacs to work with PCVT?  It does not
manipulate the screen properly (some status lines get partially put at
the top, screen clears only clear half the screen, etc.)?
 - Also under PCVT, moused doesn't activate at all, having no
consolectl device.
 - Should we mention in LINT about the proper setting of PCVT_FREEBSD?
 - I'm also having a problem with not connecting to port 3000 on first
boot, not until I send a SIGUSR1, but I suspect that's because I
haven't gotten to htons(port) patch yet from ctm (I'm at ctm 3176
presently).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
joelh