Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:58:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Mac Newbold <mac@macnewbold.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configure fails during amd64 build

Today at 8:10pm, Peter Jeremy said:

> On Wed, 2006-Aug-09 18:24:30 -0600, Mac Newbold wrote:
>> configure:15542:  g++41 -o conftest -O -pipe   -I/usr/X11R6/include
>> -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.cc  >&5
>> configure:15545: $? = 0
>> configure:15547: ./conftest
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.6" not found, required
>> by "conftest"
>> configure:15550: $? = 1
>> configure: program exited with status 1
>
> I've got /usr/local/lib/gcc-4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6
> This was installed as part of gcc-4.1.2_20060721
>
> You might like to double-check your gcc41 port.

Peter, you're brilliant. Thank you. I checked the path you gave, and it is
in the same place on my system, locate just hadn't picked it up yet. But
OpenOffice still wasn't finding it, so I tried going into lang/gcc41 and
doing 'make deinstall reinstall'. I noticed this:

===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/gcc-4.1.2
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/gcc-4.1.2: ignoring group-writable directory

My umask is 002 instead of the usual 022, so ldconfig apparently
complained without me being able to see it complain as everything scrolled
by on the screen.

I chmod'd the directory, and reran ldconfig, and it worked without
complaint. Then I retried the OpenOffice build, and it the problem was
solved. It is building great as I type this, and I expect it will finish
without further incident.

Thanks for the great pointer, and a big thanks to everyone who helps in
any way to make OpenOffice available on FreeBSD.

Mac

mac@macnewbold.com	http://www.macnewbold.com/