Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:09:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Randy Smith <randys@amigo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW as load balancer

Hi,

Is it possible to use IPFW to do load balancing? I want to do create a
trasparent proxy to a cluster of Squid caches. I was thinking of something
along the lines of:

add prob .33 fwd <cacheA>,3128 tcp from <my-net> to any 80
add prob .50 fwd <cacheB>,3128 tcp from <my-net> to any 80
add          fwd <cacheC>,3128 tcp from <my-net> to any 80

Does this make sense or is there a better solution?

Thanks.

ps. Plesae CC me as I'm not on this list.

--
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator