Date:      04 Apr 2000 10:31:13 -0400
From:      Kevin Street <street@iname.com>
To:        Ryugen@palaver.org (Ryugen C. Fisher)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: $CVSROOT

Ryugen@palaver.org (Ryugen C. Fisher) writes:

> At 08:07 AM 4/4/00, Micke Josefsson wrote:

> >This the essential lines of mine:
> >
> >*default host=cvsup.se.FreeBSD.org
> >*default base=/usr
> >*default prefix=/usr
> >*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
> >*default delete use-rel-suffix
> >src-all
> >

> >Having done that, and assuming you got X running:
> ># cvsup /usr/share/examples/stable-supfile
> >will get a window up. Click start or whatever and it should start pumping new
> >src into the veins of your machine.
> >
> >(I also misunderstood user ncvs and $CVSROOT for a start)
>
> I have done that.. except that the tag I used was RELENG_3_4
> so far that does not and has not re-created the usr/src source tree that I
> am given to understand is essential for a "make world" command to succeed...
>
> and the variable $CVSROOT is still asked for when the command fails...

Tag RELENG_3 will get you the most up to date copy of /src within
version 3.  Otherwise known as 3-stable.

Tag RELENG_3_4_0_RELEASE would get you a version of /src that matches
what was released as version 3.4

Tag RELENG_3_4 will get you nothing since it's not a valid tag.

--
Kevin Street
street@iname.com