Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:22:19 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: usb on vaio 505tx

Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> probably said:
> > I have minor suspend/resume problems on my 505-TS.

> options         PCIC_RESUME_RESET
> options         PSM_HOOKAPM             #hook the APM resume event, useful
>                                         #for some laptops
> options         PSM_RESETAFTERSUSPEND   #reset the device at the resume event

Even with those I get very occasional suspend problems.

Very, very, occasionally when I suspend to memory (or disk) under freebsd
3.4-PAO the machine will beep (as it usually does), screen goes blank ...
but it never suspends, power light stays on.

All I can do at this point is power cycle.

I've tried building with a debugging kernel, can't get to the debugger
at this point (which might be because I'm in X then).  I havn't had it
happen since someone suggested trying the BIOS battery level function
to see if it's completely dead or not ...

It happens so infrequently it's quite difficult to debug. It's never
happened to me under doze (but then I run doze on that box very
infrequently and suspend even less frequently) but is very annoying
when it does happen and I was in the middle of something.

Anyone else seen this ?

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu